Today was just one of those days. Yelled too much, couldn’t seem to get stuff done, kids fighting, Paige micromanaging, wasted food in lunch bags, water bottles full of good water left for days, the garage was a disaster, kids whined about wanting cereal to eat while I was maki g dinner so I just caved... and to top it off, our Disney cruise to the Caribbean was cancelled and they refunded money in 12 different transactions and were $2400 short... needless to say when Garrett called my heavy heart burst and I melted. I hate complaining about my day especially when he just had gotten off work, so I usually steer clear and try to just keep upbeat but today I was done. I was in the kitchen making our family favorite cheese rice (rice a roni) and he said to just stop what I was doing, go change clothes or shower, and get ready to just go out and get an Icecream to step away from it for awhile. And that was exactly what I needed. In that moment I needed the support and time to just be still. Luckily here in Ridgefield the MOD pizza was just opening so I was able to enjoy a nice pizza the way I wanted it, while listening to a movie...that’s sometimes how the Lord works, he sends someone else to lighten our burden and uplift us. Garrett is my best friend and his love for me is felt when he knows exactly what I need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment