Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oops!

Sorry for the lack of updates. Lately I have not been too motivated to write much of anything! Some of this is for my own journal purpose so sorry for the length! First, Kenzie is such a sweet little girl. She is a fire ball that has such an energetic personality and loves to be involved with whatever we are doing! Here is a list of some of my favorites right now:

  • It is my favorite to see Garrett working on his bike or a project and then see Kenzie right at his feet using a tool he just set down. She loves to help fix things!
  • I have a jewelry box that kenzie loved getting into so one day after getting off work, kenzie tells me on the phone that she wants to make a jewelry box that is purple. So ok, off the micheals where we find a fun box with a closure in front, and we paint it purple and pink, and to top it off, little painted horses are glued to the front. She insists on carrying it around and putting her mickey mouse bracelet from Disneyland in the box. She also tries to fit her horses and other random toys but has quickly found that they simply will not fit!
  • She wanted a barn for all of her horses so Garrett being very bored, engineered the greatest craft stick barn you could imagine. Complete with nice truses (sp?) to support the roof! It was great. And very big for all of her horse collection to be inside!
  • She now tells Garrett while he is driving to "take it easy daddy" or "slow down dad"
  • I love how she curls her fingers and growling at me say " I have sharp plaws"(claws in kenzie talk)
  • She dolls herself up in her crown, shoes, and wand and walking around says "pink, blue, no pink" She is repeating the fairy off of Sleeping Beauty. She will also bat her eyes and do an ever graceful princess walk.
  • she often lays down on the couch and tells Garrett and I to " tiss her" and once you kiss her face she will wake up just like sleeping beauty smiles and all!
  • the other day she turned to me and said she wanted to go "tamping"- i am sure that garrett was super excited to know that his 3 year old wanted to go camping!!

Despite the fact that she tests my patients everyday, I love her soooo much! It is so great to have a family!!

Some stinky news, the end of August I also found out that I had had a miscarriage. i went in for my ultrasound and things did not look like I was 9 weeks prego. Turns out, that the baby had been gone for about 2 weeks or so, as I was measuring at about 6 weeks. It was crazy because I had no signs; no cramping, bleeding, nothing. It was really hard to take but I did not cry at all in the ultrsound office. The tech felt bad enough as it was. But it was a wednesday and garrett was at class until 9:30pm so I was toughing it out until he got home.Thank goodness i was able to call some of my family for some support! I figured that he did not want that kind of news over the phone. He was so supportive and I really appreciated his love and comfort as I was pretty upset. The next morning I checked into the hospital and had the dnc done at noon. I was out of the hospital by 3? i took a few days off of work and just relaxed and chilled with Garrett and Kenzie! I healed pretty quick and things went back to normal.

So now, just working and taking care of the fam! Garrett is doing great in school and taking 19 credit hours! we are hoping that he will be done in 1-2 semesters!! So that thought is exciting!! kenzie and I decorated the house tonight for halloween and she kept saying we had "christmas lights" as we hung our pumpkin/bat lights around the china hutch! It was lots of fun!!

2 comments:

The Sauls said...

Hey Kari! I wish I would have known. I hope all is well. What are you doing over fall break? We should get together. Call me when you get a chance. I work nights but weekends are always good. Love ya!

erin said...

Kari, I had no idea. I'm so sorry. I was just about to send you a text today, and I thought I'd hop on your blog and see what you were up to. Sorry girl. Call me if you need to chat.